Tensorcom is a leader in low-power wireless chips and modules
Tensorcom is a privately-held fabless semiconductor company headquartered in San Diego County, California. The company has pioneered cutting edge technology for high speed wireless personal and local area networks and has made significant contributions to all the emerging standards covering the millimeter wave (60 GHz) spectrum. Tensorcom has assembled a world class team with extensive experience in communications systems design, 60 Ghz CMOS RF, antenna design, ultra-low power baseband, MAC, and SoC implementation.
Tensorcom is developing a cutting edge low-power, low cost, all-CMOS fully integrated SoC that includes all the functions necessary to enable a wide variety of consumer applications in cell phones, TVs, laptops, cameras, and storage devices. Tensorcom’s SoCs and modules are compliant with the Wireless Gigabit Alliance (WGA) specification and the draft IEEE 802.11ad standard.
Tensorcom is a leading contributor to the low power specification of the Wireless Gigabit Alliance (WGA), is active in the IEEE 802.11ad Working Group and in the IEEE 802 Executive Committee.
Management & Board of Directors
- Veteran technology entrepreneur with 30 years of experience including 20 years of engineering: software & product development (Circuit/Packet Switching, Cell Phones) and engineering management (Exec VP, Uniden).
- Recent positions: CEO of Transilica (Bluetooth, sold to Microtune in 2000), and Jaalaa (Low power wireless SoC).
- Formerly CEO of Novowave, Inc. (Kalon Semi) & Wideband Access, Inc.
- Director of ASICs, Systems & Wireless Products in Mitsubishi
- Over 15 years of experience in wireless systems
- Founder of AbraxisBioScience, American Pharmaceutical Partners, and NantWorks
- CEO of IPPLEX & CTO of NantWorks
- Veteran high technology industry executive with 30 years of experience in Fortune 500 Companies, Venture Capital, and high technology startups.
- Managing Director GreenTech Consulting